My (Linda's) dental surgery appears to have been successful, but will take some more time to fully heal. The bone grafts have proven to be quite painful and will likely continue to be for some time as they heal and do what they were intended for. Too bad that I had to learn so late in life to follow a doctor's orders! I sure wish I had been more consistent in my flossing in years past - I wouldn't be having these problems now. Hindsight is always 20/20, right? All you younger people that might be reading this take heed - you don't want to have to have this surgery!
A quick update on "our" birds - it seems that the Hummingbirds have exploded in their population! We have two feeders and they are in constant use. There are times that there are 15 or more Hummingbirds taking turns getting a drink. I have become somewhat of a slave to these beautiful creatures in that their feeders are emptied at least once a day! When that happens they come up to the window and just hover as if they are saying "so, where is the food???" It is so precious that I actually plan activities around the times that the feeders are getting empty so I can be there to re-fill them. The Finches seem to have moved on, as we have just a few of the small yellow ones and just a few more of the larger brown ones feeding. The Orioles are still coming around - I think we have at least three pairs that come to our feeder regularly.
The latest attraction to keep us entertained is to watch the family of Woodpecker's that have taken up residence in the palm tree across the street. This picture shows the Mama feeding her baby. The nest is burrowed out into the tree. She is covering the opening in this picture. The male was also hanging out there just before I got this picture.
I think this is the Mama looking out from inside the nest. We did see the baby looking out, but it was much smaller than this picture looks, so we are pretty sure this is the Mama.
Our plans are still to leave this area and get "On The Road Again" by June 1st. At this time our itinerary appears to be that we will head for Oregon to get our yearly maintenance stuff done and then go to Idaho to visit family and our storage. Stay tuned for some better adventures as soon as we get our round wheels turning again!
No comments:
Post a Comment