Every year the Golden Corral Restaurants have one day where anyone who has ever served in our Armed Forces gets to eat at their Buffet for FREE! This is the second year that we have enjoyed that gift. As you can see, the line was long when we got there about 45 minutes before it was to begin. Well, we were inside and seated before the beginning time that was advertised. They were very efficient - everyone was very nice and patient with all the older vets that required assistance. When we left the lines were sill long, but all was moving smoothly.
Here we are patiently waiting for our free meal. Golden Corral is a favorite of ours - we like it even more than Home Town Buffet .... especially here in Yuma!
I know that I said "Another Celebration" - we have no pictures, but on Veteran's Day we also enjoyed another FREE meal at our local Applebee's Restaurant. The lines there were long also, but we didn't have to wait long to have a wonderful meal. Our good friends Ron and Flor came to visit and we all went to the celebration. Ron is also a Veteran. We enjoyed their visit with us, but unfortunately we did not get even one photo - I guess I was asleep, or maybe just too relaxed?
2 comments:
Nice to see the picture with all of the veterans. We were not anywhere around either of the restaurants mentioned this year, so we could not participate. I think its great that our country is once again going through a time when veterans are "in".
We missed out on the Applebee's offer, one of our favorite places, due to being at the Wan-na-go's rally in Texas. Then we flat forgot about the Golden Corral deal this past Monday. We got home from Texas on Sunday and spent Monday getting ready to head to Savannah, GA, on Tuesday morning. We were able to got to both these places last year. Can't believe I missed a free meal. ;->
Post a Comment