Saturday, July 3, 2010

HAPPY 3rd OF JULY!!!! What you say????


Today - the 3rd of July - was the BIG holiday celebration here in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls has a very large Mormon population and they keep Sundays very strict to their religion. So…. today was the parade and fireworks. As a bonus for us non-Mormons, we get fireworks again tomorrow night on the 4th also! I have a feeling that most will not brave the traffic two nights in a row and actually having the big celebration on Saturday is probably better in a lot of ways anyway. Of course, for us retired types, it doesn’t really matter - except that the 4th is the day that most of our nation will celebrate our Independence Day!


Andy, I and my Brother Bob walked from his home to the River - about 1 mile - to avoid the traffic. These people are sitting on just the other side of the guard rail for the off ramp of I-15! We were just across the ramp, but on a sidewalk. The crowds were crazy and I can’t imagine how people can drive thru it all. The on ramp to I-15 at U.S. 20 was packed with cars and people! Only the ramp pavement itself was clear for traffic. The really crazy thing is that traffic was allowed right under the fireworks through out the 30 minute show - just a little distracting!

I have lots of pictures of the fireworks, but I won’t bore you - just know that it was a spectacular show! The finale was awesome!!!

Since the crowds should be a lot smaller tomorrow night, we might just check it out again!

We wish all our friends a very Happy 4th of July - wherever you are…….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We celebrated on the 3rd too an awesome day was had by all!!!

Malisa said...

Well I see mom and dad wimped out! I would have gone with you had I been closer :D I miss that fireworks show, I have yet to see one compare.