Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Is it snow???? NO - not in Central Oregon! Huh???



I know we are in Central Oregon - and I know it is the middle of August - so when the ground looks like winter I am confused. We were relaxing in the coach when all of the sudden we hear what sounds like someone is throwing rocks at the coach. All h*** broke loose and before too long we are watching the biggest hail we have ever seen falling from the sky. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I would estimate that the hail was the size of very large marbles. The storm passed quickly and fortunately the hail stopped even quicker. No damage that we could see, just a scare! The rain was not over, but thankfully the hail did not return. The temps dropped like a rock and we are enjoying a very cool nice evening and looking forward to cuddling in the blankets tonight! Just another unpredictable day in the beautiful high desert of Central Oregon.

No comments: